Good Morning!! This was a view from my walk yesterday! I just love seeing rainbows!
I’m getting prepared for a weekend with a bunch of middle schoolers! I’m chaperoning camp this weekend and I’m slightly nervous. I haven’t worked with middle-school students in YEARS! Last night we had our leaders meeting and although I’m unsure what to expect, I have a feeling it’s going to be FUN! I won’t be blogging over the weekend because I’ll be off with some kiddo’s.
My WORKOUT this morning was awesome. I used a circuit workout from Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers and it did the trick. I was running behind getting to the gym, so I didn’t complete the whole 10 to 6 circuit, but I did a set of 10 and a set of 9. I also did a 5 min. warmup and cooldown plus some stretching. I was still a little sore from my HIIT workout on Tuesday. Overall, I felt like I got a great workout in with this and look forward to doing it again with more time!
*Random Blogging Sidenote/Question: I originally used Julie’s 10 to 6 Workout picture that displayed the workout I did. I cited it of course and directed you to her site, but I started worrying about using what she created and possibly getting credit for it from getting “pinned” or something…. Any experts on that form of copyright? I took the picture down because I didn’t feel right about it when I didn’t ask her to use it, but just cited her post on it. Honestly, she gets so many comments & e-mails, I’m not even sure she would see my e-mail – let alone quick enough for me to post this morning. She’s a blogger I truly adore reading and respect, so I didn’t want to cause any waves if I was in the wrong. I’d love some input on this! What are the rules? If we re-direct to their site, is it okay? Is it only okay if they respond saying you can use it?*
If y’all don’t follow Julie, you should!! She’s by far my favorite blogger. I check her blog 2-3 times a day for new posts and she’s definitely been a blogger role-model to me lately.
For BREAKFAST I enjoyed another egg, veggie bacon, & english muffin sandwich. It was so good yesterday that I wanted another on. I thought I’d share the actual “recipe” (which, it’s probably improper to call it that because it’s so easy peasy!)
Egg & Bacon English Muffin
1 whole wheat english muffin (toasted)
- 1 boiled egg (sliced)
- 2 slices of Mornging Star Vegetarian Bacon (Microwaved for 1:30)
Just layer the sandwich up. I’m going to start boiling eggs for the week because it’s been an easy fix for me. I had this egg in the fridge, ready to go, which is perfect when I’m running behind like I was this morning. I had enough time to prepare this (literally a minute and 30 seconds) and then eat it before heading out the door today! You could also add some sauteed veggies, cheese, or jelly to bring it up a notch!
MISSISSIPPI FUN FACTS
One thing you’ll learn quickly about me is how much I love the state I was raised in. We fall behind in a lot of areas that get a lot of scrutiny, but I see the beauty in our state and we really do have a lot of unusual facts to be proud of! I found some Mississippi Fun Facts and wanted to share some of those with you today! Most of my information was found here & here.
- Root Beer was originally created in Biloxi, MS!
- The very first heart & lung transplants were performed in Mississippi!
- The creator of Pine Sol was a native of MS.
- The “teddy bear” was originated from a hunting trip taken in Mississippi by President Roosevelt
- Here is a long list of famous people born in our state: Oprah Winfrey, Jim Henson, Faith Hill, Elvis Presley, Britney Spears, Brett Favre, Archie Manning, Walter Payton, William Faulkner, John Grisham, Eudora Welty, Jimmy Buffett, James Earl Jones, LeAnn Rimes
- The world’s largest shrimp is on display at the Old Spanish Fort Museum
- Mississippi was the first state in the nation to have a planned Junior College System
- A native of Columbus, MS owns the patent on the Soft Toilet Seat. Over 1,000,000 are sold each year.
- Jackson, MS is the only city in the U.S. that can host the International Ballett Competition. There are 3 other cities around the world who can host it. It’s going on right now!
Questions for you today:
- What fun facts do you know about your state? Or… check out these sites and see what they have to say!
- Have you tried a workout from Peanut Butter Fingers? Which is your favorite?