I would not consider myself a health nut or fitness guru, but I do want to live a long, healthy, & happy life! In order to do that, I know I must maintain an active lifestyle. I do this by training for races, taking opportunities to walk around lakes or play ultimate frisbee with friends. I take my dog on a walk or catch up with a friend over tennis. With a job that keeps me stuck behind a desk for most of the day, living an active lifestyle is that much more important. Here you’ll find a compilation of ways that I choose to lead an active lifestyle! I hope it inspires you to do the same because we all deserve to live a long and healthy life!
When it comes to races, I’m not extremely competitive. I’m constantly trying to improve MYSELF. I’m not a fast runner or a great swimmer, so when I get out there to compete, my goal is to make myself proud and to finish. This is a compilation of the races I’ve done in the past and my time. Some are extremely slow – I’ve either been a slump or I decided to walk or I didn’t train very well. Some of these I’m extremely proud of, like the time I did my very first triathlon and actually placed in my age group! Some of these were with friends and just for fun – like the Disney Wine & Dine Half-Marathon that I did with 2 of my best friends while also getting the chance to meet one of my very best blog friends! Races are all about the experience and consistent training to stay fit for me.
- Hatchie Fall Fest 10k 2013 (1:13:00)
- Soak Up the Sun Triathlon (1:03:45) *39th overall, 3rd in F 20-24
- Disney Princess Half-Marathon 2012(2:31:04)
- Turkey Day 8k 2011 (51:37)
- Renaissance 10K 2011 (1:28:43)
- Sandman Beach 5k 2011 (35:49) *Funnest race I’ve ever done. Highly recommend!
- Watermelon Classic 2009 (36:01) *First race ever done. I was just glad to finish!