Since I’m on my way to B-ham to visit some bloggy friends, I thought I’d give y’all a recipe for today. I’ve seen pins all over pinterest about baking tacos. The ones I’ve seen had all these special ingredients you can add, well I’m just a simple girl, and I make my tacos basically the same way every time. I decided to throw out the fancy recipe and do it how I felt like it! So here is my version of a baked taco, it’s super easy, super delicious, and I loved it!
Choice of meat (chicken, beef, turkey, or a vegetarian form)
Choice of taco seasoning (I always use the McCormick, and I picked the 30% less sodium)
Any other ingredients you want to throw in there
1. Brown your meat.
2. Follow the instructions for seasoning your meat
3. Place taco shells in upright position in a baking dish
4. Fill taco shells with seasoned meat and cheese
5. Bake tacos at 350 degrees for a few minutes (5 maybe?) I didn’t time it. I just waited for the cheese to melt.
6. Add any other extra toppings you want (for me, just salsa!)
|After Baking: Melty Cheese! : )|
The shell softens a little bit so your shell isn’t cracking everywhere when you bite into it and it’s just wonderful! I think I’m going to make my tacos like this from now on. It is one tiny little extra step, but it’s the easiest of all easy and I really do enjoy the new texture of the taco shell. I’m all about texture!
So how’s that for possibly being the worst “recipe” blogger ever! Legit, right?! So try it!